Categories: U.S.

Man assaulted by as many as 30 teenage bicyclists in Los Angeles, police say

close Video

Mob of teen bicyclists attack man in broad daylight in Los Angeles

LAPD detectives are asking for the public’s assistance in locating the suspects responsible for assaulting a man in broad daylight. (Credit: Los Angeles Police Department)

Join Fox News for access to this content You have reached your maximum number of articles. Log in or create an account FREE of charge to continue reading. By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. Please enter a valid email address. By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. Having trouble? Click here.

A man was brutally attacked in Los Angeles, California, by a large group of teenage bicyclists, according to police.

The incident happened at about 5 p.m. Saturday in the Carthay neighborhood, the Los Angeles Police Department said in a press release.

Officers responded to the area of San Vicente Boulevard and Carrillo Drive after a report of an assault.

CALIFORNIA SHERIFF PUTS INMATES TO WORK AT TAXPAYERS’ BENEFIT

A man was brutally attacked in Los Angeles, California, by a large group of teenage bicyclists. (LAPD)

Witnesses told police that an argument had broken out between the man and a group of about 20 to 30 suspects believed to be 16- to 18-years-old.

A couple of suspects struck and kicked the man’s vehicle before he exited his vehicle to confront them. A physical altercation then ensued, leading to more suspects joining in on the fight, police said.

LA teens on bicycles assault a bystander.  (LAPD)

Police said the large group of suspects “immediately overwhelmed” the man. They punched and kicked the man, even after he had been knocked down to the ground.

The suspects fled the area on their bicycles southbound on Carrillo Drive after witnesses attempted to intervene, police said.

FUGITIVE WIFE OF SLAIN CALIFORNIA FIRE CAPTAIN SERVED TIME FOR EX’S DEATH AS MANHUNT EXTENDS BEYOND US BORDERS

Witnesses said an argument had broken out between the man and a group of about 20 to 30 suspects. (LAPD)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Paramedics from the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to the scene to attend to the man. He sustained minor visible injuries and declined to be transported to the hospital.

Police are still searching for the suspects and are asking the public for assistance in locating those responsible for the attack.

Share

Recent Posts

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Shady trial lawyer pipeline’ funneling millions to Democrats, according to report

EXCLUSIVE: One of the country’s leading consumer protection firms released a report today exposing a…

1 hour ago

GOP defectors help Senate advance resolution to cancel Trump tariffs despite White House veto warning

A Democrat-led resolution undoing President Donald Trump's tariffs against Canada advanced past the Senate on…

1 hour ago

SCOOP: White House rallies House GOP on Trump tariff plan in secret call

FIRST ON FOX: The White House is taking a top-down approach in making sure Republicans…

1 hour ago

‘False’: Trump admin rebukes claims intel officials are frequently using Signal to send classified info

The White House is clapping back against media reports alleging intelligence officials have been using…

1 hour ago

Trump touts return of the ‘American Dream’ in historic tariff announcement

President Donald Trump announced reciprocal tariffs during a highly anticipated "Make America Wealthy Again" event,…

1 hour ago

Columbia University students chain themselves to gate in protest of Mahmoud Khalil’s detention by ICE

close Video Students chain themselves to protest Khalil's detention Columbia University students chained themselves to…

3 hours ago