Categories: Politics

New York City expecting eight more migrant buses days after Mayor Eric Adams declares city is out of room

Officials in New York City say that eight buses of migrants are expected to arrive in the city between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Aries Dela Cruz, a spokesperson for the New York City Emergency Management Department, told Fox News Digital on Tuesday afternoon that three migrant buses are expected to arrive on Tuesday, with an additional five buses on Wednesday.

Their arrivals come as New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Monday that Randall’s Island will house some migrants in a new tent city.

“As the number of asylum seekers in our care continues to grow by hundreds every day, stretching our system to its breaking point and beyond, it has become more and more of a Herculean effort to find enough beds every night,” Adams said in a press release. “We will continue to work with the governor and elected officials across the state to address this crisis as New York City continues to do more than any other level of government.”

NYC MAYOR ADAMS ANNOUNCES NEW TAXPAYER-FUNDED MIGRANT TENT CITY

Migrants arrive at the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan, New York on Tuesday, July 25, 2023. (Julia Bonavita/Fox News Digital )

Since spring, over 93,000 migrants have entered New York City, according to the mayor’s office. 

Adams said during a press conference last week that there’s no longer room for migrants to stay in the city.

FORMER NY DEM GOVERNOR WARNS NYC MIGRANT CRISIS AT ‘TIPPING POINT’: ‘SLEEP ON THE STREETS’

Migrants arrive at the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan, New York on Tuesday, July 25, 2023. (Julia Bonavita/Fox News Digital )

“Our next phase of this strategy, now that we have run out of room, we have to figure out how we’re going to localize the inevitable that there’s no more room indoors,” Adams said.  “Here’s where we are right now. Yes, there were people sleeping in cooling vans. There were people along the sidewalk. We have to localize this madness. We have to figure out a way of how we don’t have what’s in other municipalities where you have tent cities all over the city.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Migrants await registration outside of the Roosevelt Hotel in midtown Manhattan on Tuesday, August 1, 2023. The asylum seekers are forced to wait on the streets, since the hotel is currently at capacity. (Julia Bonavita/Fox News Digital )

Fox 5 reported that The Roosevelt Hotel, where some migrants have been staying, has reached full capacity.

Pictures and video last week showed migrants sleeping outside the hotel, wrapping around the building.

Share

Recent Posts

Musk says he hopes for ‘zero tariffs,’ freedom of trade zone between US and Europe

Billionaire Elon Musk says he hopes the U.S. and Europe can develop their economic relationship…

14 minutes ago

Arizona prisoner serving 16 life sentences accused of killing 3 fellow inmates

close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for April 5 Fox News Flash top headlines…

2 hours ago

Amanda Knox gives warning to students wanting to study abroad, 10 years after being acquitted of murder

close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for April 2 Fox News Flash top headlines…

4 hours ago

Hunt for missing Midwest news anchor focuses on fight over unsealing evidence

close Video Private investigator Steve Ridge examines Jodi Huisentruit case Private investigator Steve Ridge discusses…

4 hours ago

Texas track meet stabbing suspect’s lawyer plans to ask for $1M bond to be lowered: report

close Video Nicole Parker on stabbing death of teen at track meet: What has our…

11 hours ago

Protesters rally against Trump, Musk in ‘Hands Off!’ gatherings nationwide

close Video ‘Hands Off’ rally against Trump administration in DC Fox News correspondent Madeleine Rivera…

11 hours ago